Thursday, July 19

Splash vs save




When I flicked through the Avon brochure, my eyes lit up when I saw their Daring Curves mascara. My lashes lack curl and at the time it looked great, £8 for two products when the mascara was £7 on its own! But after looking back on the internet (eBay) I saw pictures of the brush, slightly spirally. Deja-vu struck, where had I seen it before? So I ran to my mascara section of my make-up box and yes! I knew it, I did have a mascara that looked similar. Lancome's Hypnose...


Price:Lancome came in at a shocking £18.50 compared to Avon's £7


Packaging: Both look pretty similar, (Lancome is on the left picture, Avon on the right) with the curved bottles as you can see.


Brush: Again, the brushes are very similar to one-another but Avon's brush is made out of bristles that aren't as soft as the Lancome one.


Application: These mascaras are quite tricky to apply for the first time because the bristles are all different lengths so it feels like they will touch your lid but once you have got used to it, you can master the art of mascara in seconds.


Performance: Now I definately prefer the Lacome one because it doesn't clump and lifts your lashes by about 50% more than the Avon one. I have the lancome one in black and the Avon one in brown so it is unfair to judge on colour but I give...

Lancome:9/10 Avon:5/10

Here are two pictures of me wearing the mascaras,
Lancome on the left and Avon on the right

No comments: